Standards, Protocols, and Learning Infrastructure for Computing Education
Welcome to the home of the SPLICE project. Our mission is to support the CS Education community by supplying documentation and infrastructure to help with adopting shared standards, protocols, and tools. In this way we hope to promote
- development and broader re-use of innovative learning content that is instrumented for rich data collection;
- formats and tools for analysis of learner data; and
- best practices to make large collections of learner data and associated analytics available to researchers in the CSE, data science, and learner science communities.
News and Upcoming Events
- Come to the LearnLab Summer School, July 30-Aug 3, for project-based learning of advanced development and analytics that you can apply to CS Education. Deadline to apply is May 11.
- Call for Participation and Technical Contributions Workshop on Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) in conjunction with EDM 2018, July 15, 2018 (contributions due July 10).
- Call for Participation Third SPLICE Workshop Computing Science Educational Infrastructure: Crossing the Borders in conjunction with ICER 2018, Espoo, Finland, August 12, 2018.
- First SPLICE Workshop, June 2017 in Pittsburgh: " Community-building or data-intensive computer and computing science education infrastructure research"
- Second SPLICE Workshop, February 2018 in Baltimore: "CS Education Infrastructure for All: Interoperability for Tools and Data Analytics"
- Third SPLICE Workshop, August 2018 in Espoo, Finland: "Computing Science Educational Infrastructure: Crossing the Borders"
- SPLICE Working Groups
- SPLICE GitHub organization
- GitHub Repository for LTI examples and support
- SPLICE Google group
- LTI Resources: Tutorials, Documentation, Examples
- Integrations Examples
- Links to available third-party smart learning objects, data analysis tools, and datasets
- Bibliography list
- SPLICE is supported by the National Science Foundation and by Virginia Tech's Technology-enhanced learning and Online Strategies unit (see more).