Standards, Protocols, and Learning Infrastructure for Computing Education
Welcome to the home of the SPLICE project. Our mission is to support the CS Education community by supplying documentation and infrastructure to help with adopting shared standards, protocols, and tools. In this way we hope to promote
- development and broader re-use of innovative learning content that is instrumented for rich data collection;
- formats and tools for analysis of learner data; and
- best practices to make large collections of learner data and associated analytics available to researchers in the CSE, data science, and learner science communities.
Need technical assistance? If you need some help getting LTI to work with your application, or similar technology, our community might be able to give advice.
News and Upcoming Events
- SPLICE Workshop at SIGCSE 2021, March 17, 2021, held virtually, "CS Education Infrastructure for All III: From Ideas to Practice"
Previous Associated Workshops
- First SPLICE Workshop, June 2017 in Pittsburgh: "Community-building or data-intensive computer and computing science education infrastructure research"
- Second SPLICE Workshop, February 2018 in Baltimore: "CS Education Infrastructure for All: Interoperability for Tools and Data Analytics"
- 1st Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Workshop @ EDM2018, July 15, 2018
- Third SPLICE Workshop, August 2018 in Espoo, Finland: "Computing Science Educational Infrastructure: Crossing the Borders"
- Fourth SPLICE Workshop at SIGCSE 2019, February 2019 in Minneapolis: "CS Education Infrastructure for All II: Enabling the Change"
- 2nd Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Workshop @ LAK2019, March 5, 2019.
- 3rd Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Workshop @ AIED 2019, June 25, 2019.
- Fifth SPLICE Workshop at ICER 2019, August 11, 2019, in Toronto: "Computing Science Education Infrastructure: From Tools to Data"
- Second Workshop on Intelligent Textbooks @ AIED 2020, July 6, 2020.
- 4th Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Virtual Workshop @ EDM 2020, July 10, 2020.
- Sixth SPLICE Workshop at L@S 2020 (Virtual event), August 12, 2020: "Building an Infrastructure for Computer Science Education Research and Practice at Scale"
- Small Code Snapshots. Leaders: Dave Hovemeyer and Kelly Rivers.
- Programming Exercise Markup Language. Leaders: Phill Conrad, Cory Bart, and Stephen Edwards.
- Packaging Curricular Materials. Leaders: Cory Bart, Phill Conrad, Michael Hilton, Bob Edmison.
- SPLICE Google group
- Integration Examples
- SPLICE is supported by the National Science Foundation and by Virginia Tech's Technology-enhanced learning and Online Strategies unit (see more).