Standards, Protocols, and Learning Infrastructure for Computing Education
Welcome to the home of the SPLICE project. Our mission is to support the CS Education community by supplying documentation and infrastructure to help with adopting shared standards, protocols, and tools. In this way we hope to promote
- development and broader re-use of innovative learning content that is instrumented for rich data collection;
- formats and tools for analysis of learner data; and
- best practices to make large collections of learner data and associated analytics available to researchers in the CSE, data science, and learner science communities.
Need technical assistance? If you need some help getting LTI to work with your application, or similar technology, our community might be able to give advice.
- Take a look at our tutorials
- Join the SPLICE Google Group, and ask the community.
- See our live catalog of smart learning objects, along with information on how to use them in your course. (Note: To see the catalog, you will need to register for an account on this site if you don't already have one.)
News and Upcoming Events
Previous Associated Workshops
- 5th Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM)Virtual Workshop @ EDM 2021, June 29th, 2021.
- Third Workshop on Intelligent Textbooks (iTextbooks) at AIED 2021, The 22th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education, June 15, 2021.
- Seventh SPLICE Workshop at SIGCSE 2021 (Virtual event), March 15-16: "CS Education Infrastructure for All III: From Ideas to Practice"
- Sixth SPLICE Workshop at L@S 2020 (Virtual event), August 12, 2020: "Building an Infrastructure for Computer Science Education Research and Practice at Scale"
- 4th Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Virtual Workshop @ EDM 2020, July 10, 2020.
- Second Workshop on Intelligent Textbooks @ AIED 2020, July 6, 2020.
- Fifth SPLICE Workshop at ICER 2019, August 11, 2019, in Toronto: "Computing Science Education Infrastructure: From Tools to Data"
- 3rd Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Workshop @ AIED 2019, June 25, 2019.
- 2nd Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Workshop @ LAK2019, March 5, 2019.
- Fourth SPLICE Workshop at SIGCSE 2019, February 2019 in Minneapolis: "CS Education Infrastructure for All II: Enabling the Change"
- Third SPLICE Workshop, August 2018 in Espoo, Finland: "Computing Science Educational Infrastructure: Crossing the Borders"
- 1st Educational Data Mining in Computer Science Education (CSEDM) Workshop @ EDM2018, July 15, 2018
- Second SPLICE Workshop, February 2018 in Baltimore: "CS Education Infrastructure for All: Interoperability for Tools and Data Analytics"
- First SPLICE Workshop, June 2017 in Pittsburgh: "Community-building or data-intensive computer and computing science education infrastructure research"
- Small Code Snapshots. Leaders: Thomas Price and Ayaan Kazerouni.
- Programming Exercise Markup Language. Leaders: Phill Conrad, Cory Bart, and Stephen Edwards.
- Packaging Curricular Materials. Leaders: Cory Bart, Phill Conrad, Michael Hilton, Bob Edmison.
- Interoperable Data Collection. Leaders: Michael Yudelson.
- SPLICE Google group
- Best Practice Examples
- SPLICE is supported by the National Science Foundation and by Virginia Tech's Technology-enhanced learning and Online Strategies unit (see more).